February 16, 2010
Meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m. by Bethany Bletsch, President.
Roll was called. Visitors included Kathy, Linda Brown’s daughter.
Meeting minutes from the January 19, 2010 meeting were previously e-mailed to members for review. One correction was noted that being that the website address is www.brownwoodquiltersguild.org, not .com as noted in the minutes. Benita Pipes made the motion to accept the minutes as corrected, Joy Early seconded the motion, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report was previously emailed to members for review. Nancy Tubb made the motion to accept the report as presented. Sherry Benbow seconded the motion, motion carried.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Quilt Show Report. A show update was provided by Angela McCorkle.
a. Joyce Kelley presented an update concerning the donation quilt. If any one knows of an events or group where the quilt can be taken to sell tickets, please contact Joyce.
b.Chamber requests for funding have been submitted. We have received confirmation from the Brownwood Chamber that they will be donating $1,200.00, plus goodie bags and paying for having our posters & flyers designed. Have not yet received confirmation from the Early Chamber.
c.Discussed increasing the guilds portion of the stash sale from 10% to 20%. After discussion, Benita Pipes made the motion to increase the percentage from 10% to 20%, Latrelle Locks seconded the motion, motion carried.
The sub-committees and chairs are as follows:
a.Ribbons – Millie Schwab
b.Vendor Food – Marilynn DeHay
c.Entry/Program – Sherri Marshall
d.Stash Booth – Linda Brown
e.Project Booth – Bethany Bletsch
f.Door Prizes/Goodie Basket – Nancy Tubb
g.Raffle Quilt for 2010 – Joyce Kelley
h.Raffle Quilt for 2011- Sherri Marshall
i.Vendor Goodie Bags – Doris Rice
2.Sunshine Report – Get well cards were sent to Foncile Roling who is in the hospital recovering from a stroke and doing well and to Jeanie Ortegon.
3.Wee Care Project. Bethany Bletsch presented this report. Received four quilts one from Benita, Latrelle, Pat and Millie. Receiving blankets from Sherry Benbow.
1. The officers are still working on the by-laws, and will be meeting at the conclusion of the meeting to review what has been established. Hope to have something to present to group in the next couple of months.
2. The guild website is up and running!!!! To view it go to www.brownwoodquiltersguild.org .
3. Discussed the continuation of the Secret Sister Program for next year. It was decided that it would continue. The reveal for 2009/10 is today and was made at this time. New forms were available for those members who wised to participate for the 2010/2011 year.
4. Barbara Spinks has a new email, it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Strip/Charm club for upcoming year was discussed. It was decided to table this subject until the next meeting.
1. The Block of the Month Exchange was discussed. Instead of each person doing a block and putting their name in for a drawing, it was suggested that we do a Mystery Quilt and everyone who chose to could participate. Each month you would receive instructions for a block. You choose your fabrics, and you keep your blocks. At the end of the year, everyone who participated would have a quilt top. This program would start in August and conclude in May. Benita Pipes made the motion that we do a Mystery Quilt, LaTrelle Locks seconded the motion, motion carried. Nancy Tubb and Joyce Kelley will be in charge of this project.
2. The Dallas Quilt Show is March 12-14. The Goldthwaite Courthouse Steps quilters will be chartering a bus on March 12. Information concerning departure times and costs are available at the head table. Be sure to pick it up if you are interested in attending.
3. Guild Membership Quilt for 2010 was discussed. Lori Shelton will be back again this year with the second part of her quilt program. Instead of purchasing a second quilt for membership and also doing the drawing for the winner of Lori Shelton’s quilt, it was suggested that Lori Shelton’s quilt be designated as the guild membership quilt. Discussion ensued. Joyce Kelley made the motion that Lori Shelton’s quilt be the membership quilt, Benita Pipes seconded the motion, motion carried.
SHOW AND TELL
1. Harriet’s Baskets, miniature 9-Patch and Round Robin Quilt – Benita Pipes
2. Jacket for sister – Joy Ivy
3. Dick & Jane quilt and Fun & Done – Pat Karnes
4. America Beauty – Angela McCorkle
5. Crazy Quilt – Linda Brown
6. Apron – Joyce Kelley
7. Pioneer Sampler, Bluebonnet Lonestar – Doris Rice
8. Shooting Stars – Sherri Marshall
9. Cat Quilt – Millie Schwabb
10. Criss Cross – Nancy Tubb
The fat quarter drawing was won by Joyce Kelley. The color for March is pastels
The block drawing was won by Nancy Tubb.
The program today is the exchange of the Brown Bag Challenge and the Secret Sister Reveal followed by a luncheon.