Date: March 15, 2011
The March 15, 2011, meeting was called to order at 9:30 AM by guild president Angela McCorkle.
Roll was called. Visitors were:
• Jaci Campbell
• Ruby's daughter-in-law and granddaughter
• LaTrelle Locks' granddaughter Cameryn
• Teri Reed has a broken hip
• Vita Weehunt's father passed away
Meeting minutes from the February 15th meeting were discussed. Sherri Marshall made the motion to accept the minutes as read. Marilyn Dehay seconded the motion, motion carried.
Treasurer's Report was presented. Nancy Tubb made the motion to accept the report as written. LaTrelle Locks seconded, motion carried.
Standing Committee Reports:
1. Mystery Block - Nancy Tubb brought the instructions for step 6 for the queen quilt and the crib quilt.
2. Quilt Show report was presented by Angela McCorkle.
• Ribbons - Will be finished and ready to show at the next meeting. Sherri Marshall, Latrelle Locks, Pat Murph and Angela McCorkle are working on these.
• Vendor Food - Marilyn DeHay volunteered to go get the vendor lunches. LaTrelle Locks volunteered to get the drinks, ice and snacks for the vendors.
• Entry/Program - Sherri Marshall
• Stash Booth - Mildred Turner and Judy Tiedeman
• Door Prizes/Goodie Baskets - Angela McCorkle
• Project Booth - No volunteers as yet
• Raffle Quilt- Joyce Kelley reported that Mildred Turner would be taking the raffle quilt to the Rattlesnake Roundup and the Gun Show and needed volunteers to help sell tickets. I'm sure everyone joins me in applauding Mildred's efforts in selling tickets. She's definitely gone above and beyond the call of duty.
• Raffle Quilt for 2012 - Angela McCorkle
• Vendor Goodie Bags - Doris Rice
• T-shirts for 2011 quilt show are available in pink. Contact Angela McCorkle to purchase yours.
• The workshop will be presented by Fran Snay on Saturday at the Chamber of Commer Confernce Room and on Sunday at the Senior Citizen Center. The workshop fee is $40.00 per person, a supply list will be provided after registrations are received. The fee for the Senior Citizen Center is $85.00 for the four hour period. The Chamber room is free of charge.
* Set-up for the show will be Thursday April 28. Sherri Marshall volunteered to take the pictures of all the quilts, to be put on a CD and sold at the show for $5.00 each.
* The show will be April 30th 10-5 and May 1st 12-4.
• Angela discussed having Stamps by Kate conduct the workshop and lecture for next year. Tricia Emery made the motion to have Stamps by Kate conduct the workshop and lecture and Lynn Patrick seconded. Motion carried.
Wee Care - Joy Ivy was presented several little knitted bonnets by Marcella League.
• Tricia Emery volunteered to present the project of the month for next year. It will be a 9 month star sampler.
Show 'n Tell:
• Jaci Campbell completed a quilt from old colored blocks which she calls Garden of Enid.
• Tricia Emery paper pieced a block all by herself!
• Joy Ivy shared her t-shirts and flower garden memory quilt.
• Joyce Kelley made tulip placemats.
• Ruby Goodwin's granddaughter, Caitlyn, made a Lumber Jack's Pride quilt in 5 hours!
• Angela McCorkle showed off her beautiful Baskets Bounty quilt.
• Door Prizes were won by Joy Ivy, Ruby Goodwin, and Marylyn Dehay.
• Joyce Griggers presented The Cotton Theory program. She shared many ideas and quilts with everyone.
Post a Comment