JULY 19, 2011 MEETING
BROWNWOOD QUILTERS GUILD
The July 19th, 2011 meeting of the Brownwood Quilters Guild was called to order by Pres. Angela McCorkle. There were 26 members and 3 guests present. Ruby Goodwin moved and Marcella League seconded that minutes from the June meeting be approved as posted. LaTrelle Locks moved and Joy Ivy seconded that the treasurer’s report be approved as posted.
It was reported to the Sunshine Committee that we might send Maxine Vaughn a get well card. CPS Bags committee had nothing to report. Joy Ivy reported the Wee Care still needs quilts.
Pres. Angela McCorkle reported that she had been contacted by the Chamber of Commerce requesting the Guild be present at the Chamber of Commerce Arts & Crafts Show in November at the Coliseum. They are requesting we set up a small quilt show of about 20-30 quilts and conduct demos throughout the day. The discussion was tabled until more information from the chamber was received.
Marcella League reported on the schedule of programs for 2011-2012. Next month’s program will be “Hot Dog Pillowcases. The Guild will be purchasing the supplies needed for each member present and proving pizza and salad. Members are to bring their sewing machines and a drink to go with lunch.
• September – Flannel Pinwheel – Jonna Burkes
• October – Irons of the Past and Present – Benita Pipes and Marcella League. They will also give away an iron valued at $200
• November – X-Blocks
• December – Christmas Party and Decorated Trees to be donated to charity
• January – Quilts with A Heart – Angela McCorkle
• February – TBA
• March – TBA
• April – Quilt Show
• May – Judy Laquidara
• June – TBA
Show and Tell was as follows:
• Joy Early – Prairie Vine Quilt
• Becky Martin – Scrappy Mystery Quilt
• Joyce Kelley - Mystery Quilt and Placemats and Table Runner
• Joy Ivy – T-shirt Quilt and Richard’s Story T-shirt Quilt
• Millie Schwab – pajamas and 7 sisters 30’s Antique Quilt
• Wanda Jackson – Batik Totebag and Batik Quilt
• Sherri Marshall – Batik Totebag and Lonestar Quilt
• Doris Rice – Miniature Bow Tie Quilt top and God Bless Texas Quilt
• Angela McCorkle – hand appliquéd block
Table Decorations featured Shabby Chic Gone Bizzerk by Benita Pipes, Beach by Jonna Burkes, Quilters Building Friendships by Sherri Marshall, Stars by Terri Reed, and Magic Quilting by Ruby Goodwin. Shabby Chic Gone Bizzerk took the prize. Door prizes were won by Pat Murph, Judy Tiedemann, and Wanda Jackson. Terri Reed won the fat quarter drawing.