January 20, 2015 Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order by President Joy Ivy.
Roll was called; there were 16 members and 4 visitors present.
December minutes were approved as written. Treasurer report read by Shelia Smith.
Standing Committee Reports:
Sunshine: While Sherry Benbow is recuperating from surgery, Robin Moody will take her place as committee chairman.
Stella Burns and her husband are reported to both be in the hospital.
Becky stated that her mother’s (Alice Young) health is declining. Alice is our oldest honorary guild member.
Wee Care: Ruby Goodwin, 1 quilt brought today.
CPS Bags: Nancy Tubb, 3 bags brought today.
1. San Saba quilt show will be January 23-24, 2015.
2. Hamilton Extension Spring Fling will be inside St. John’s Lutheran Church March 31, 2015. The cost of a booth is $25.00, which includes 1 meal ticket and the space is 8x8. Ruby Goodwin made a motion to have a booth in Hamilton, Sherry Marshall second the motion, motion carried.
3. Joy reminded the members that the Magazine Challenge is due in February.
4. Members were asked to please pick up some quilt raffle tickets to sell.
5. January birthdays were announced which are, Connie Hart and Biolanda Villapando.
1. Millie Schwab presented the BOM- “Jump Rings”. Tutorial can be found at Missouri Star Quilt Company website. Vickie will email the website information to guild members.
2. Fat quarter exchange for February is pink or red.
3. Today’s program is a demo and trunk sale by Angela McCorkle.
4. Next month’s program will be FMQ presented by Doniene Fullagar. Doniene stated that she would help anyone who would like to bring their machine with them to practice FMQ .
Show & Tell:
1. Joy Early showed a “Card Tricks” snack mat.
2. Doris Rice showed a bag she made for a blog hop she participated in, and a fabric design board she made.
3. Vickie Mazurek showed the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter she made, and an art quilt she calls “Lions and Tiger and Seams”.
4. Lana Webb: showed a valentine quilt she made for her husband, and a quilt for her granddaughter, called “Jungle Song”.
5. Becky Martin showed the “Brown Bag Challenge” quilt she got from Robin completed.
6. Doniene Fullagar showed a table topper she made to go under her husband lamp.
7. Joy Ivy showed a treasure box of 1930’s blocks she received from a friend.
1. Fat quarters: won by visitor, Connie Hanson.
2. BOM: won by Doniene Fullagar
3. Door Prizes: winners,Debra Revay, Joy Early, Robin Moody, Ruby Goodwin, Vickie Mazurek, and visitor, Pat Grimm.
4. Penny Auction: winners, Doniene Fullagar, Wanda Jackson and Vickie Mazurek.
Meeting was adjourned to watch the February program.
Respectfully submitted by, Vickie Mazurek, Secretary.