BROWNWOOD QUILTER'S GUILD MEETING ~ June 16, 2915
Outgoing Guild President Joy Ivy called the meeting to order. After comparing the individual stations of the Guild's board of officers to the important steps and requirements of making a quilt, Joy installed and introduced the following new officers for the 2015 - 2016 year:
President: Lana Webb
President-elect: Muriel Lamkin
Vice President: Millie Schwab
Vice President: Robin Moody
Secretary: Judy Tiedemann
Treasurer: Connie Hansen
Newly installed President Lana Webb posed the roll call question: What do you do with your spare time when you're not quilting? Nineteen members were in attendance including one visitor, Vickie Conger. About midway into the meeting, Vickie chose to join our Guild as our newest member.
The Brownwood Quilt Guild was represented at Alice Young's funeral.
The is no Wee Care report at this time.
Lana explained that we must soon address the Guild's budget, its tax status, and whether or not the Guild will sponsor a future quilt show.
Joy Ivy announced that the annual Guild membership dues of $24.00 are due as of today. Those who pay their dues today will have their names entered into a special drawing to be held before the end of today's meeting. Joy Early won the prize this year, a lovely quilt kit.
Biolanda Villalpando thanked the Guild for the kind thoughts regarding the loss of her son.
The floor was opened for discussion about purchasing an AccuCutter for the Guild members to use. Vickie Mazurek made the motion to purchase an AccuCutter, seconded by Millie Schwab. This purchase is to include additional dies, with a $500.00 limit. The motion passed.
The "Scrappy Lattice" BOM presented in May by Sherri Marshall was won by Judy Tiedemann.
SHOW and TELL
* Vickie Mazurek showed a quilt that she made out of jelly roll fabrics, along with six Wee Care quilts.
* Jonna Burkes shared her finished UFO, an appliqued birds quilt.
* Wanda Jackson showed her king-sized "Jelly Roll Race" quilt as well as a vintage Dresden Plate quilt and a vintage friendship quilt embellished with hand-stitched signatures.
* Judy Tiedemann showed her red and white quilt top version of Nancy Tubb's BOM "Hearth and Home", which she calls a "galloping horse" effort.
* Connie Hansen displayed her Specialty Foot of the Month quilt and her reversible Feathered Star quilt that she machine embroidered.
DOOR PRIZE WINNERS
In lieu of a program today, today's meeting will be followed by an Open-to-the-public Stash Sale.
The meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted by
Judy Tiedemann, Secretary