Minutes, August 16, 2016
The Brownwood Quilters Guild met for its regular meeting on Tuesday, August 16, 2016, at the First Christian Church in Brownwood. Present were 20 members; two new members, Dianna Mayfield and Deborah Agnew; and two visitors, Laynie Evans and Linda Heitman.
President Lana Webb called the meeting to order. The consent agenda was approved, with a motion to accept by Angela McCorkle and a second by Joy Ivy. Lana recognized August birthdays. She read a thank you note from the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas where we had sent pillowcases. Lana had made the most CPS bags (8) and won a gift certificate to Angela’s shop.
Old Business: Lana reminded everyone of the Mini Quilt Show to be held in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce Caps and Corks event on October 1. She handed out more donation quilt tickets that need to be sold before the quilt drawing is held at this event.
New Business: Proposed changes to the bylaws were reviewed. Mildred Turner made the motion to accept the proposed changes, and Ann Turner seconded. The motion carried.
Lana has made notes with self-addressed envelopes to attach to WeeCare quilts and CPS bags. Hopefully we will get a response or confirmation of receipt from the parents or children.
Charlene Cortez did a preview of the beautiful folded star Christmas table runner that she will teach as a program in October. She will provide kits for this workshop.
Jeanie Ortegon previewed the November program, when we will make Vintage Farm Girl blocks to exchange at the December meeting.
BOM: Becky Martin presented the BOM to be made for September. This is a 9-patch block made from 2 ½ inch squares. She provided bags of 5 fabrics to each person for this project. Several people used the AccuQuilters to cut their fabric into strips.
· BOM: Lana Webb
· 10-inch squares: Connie Hansen
· Program auction items provided by Millie Schwab:
o Pillow: Wanda Jackson
o Miracle Spray: Marianna Graves
o 2 embroidered pictures: Ann Turner
o “goodie bag”: Connie Hart
Show and Tell
· Dianna Mayfield: Northern Migration quilt (an Underground Railroad pattern); a flip-and-sew baby quilt; a Pineapple Love crocheted doily
· Lana Webb: 2 vintage chairs refurbished with woven seats; Shelbee’s Memory Quilt
· Angela McCorkle: Summer Retreat Quilt
· Mildred Turner: burp cloths with machine embroidery; 2 self-binding blankets
· Sherri Marshall: square Dresden Plate quilt
· Connie Hart: Vintage Farm Girl blocks; church block
· Deborah Agnew: paperless paper piecing table topper/wall hanging
Submitted by Becky Martin, Secretary
Post a Comment