The Brownwood Quilters Guild met for its regular meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016, at the First Christian Church in Brownwood. Present were 26 members and two visitors, Deborah Lehman and Carol Kinman.
President Lana Webb called the meeting to order. Following a correction to the minutes (Jeanie’s program is this month, and Charlene’s is in November), the consent agenda was approved, with a motion to accept by Joy Ivy and a second by Charlene Cortez
Old Business: Quilt delivery and set-up for the Quilt Exhibition at the Depot will be Friday, Sept. 30. tentatively from 3:00-5:00. The show will be from 10:00 to 5:00 Saturday, Oct. 1, in conjunction with the Caps and Corks event. Quilt pick-up will be Sunday, Oct. 2, from 8:00-10:00 or at Vita Weehunt’s shop from 1:00-4:00 Sunday afternoon. Lana encouraged everyone to enter 3 quilts and also to volunteer. A volunteer sign-up sheet was passed around.
Charlene Cortez updated us on the Folded Star project for November. The supplies are more expensive than expected, so each participant needs to pay $20, with the guild paying $20 also.
BOM: Vickie Mazurek presented the BOM to be made for next meeting, a squash blossom block in turquoise and white, measuring 12 ½ inches. Instructions are on the website.
* BOM: Ann Turner won the 9-patch blocks, 150 of them or more!
* Layer cake squares (10-inch squares): Vickie Mazurek
* Program auction items in gift bags were provided by Ann Turner and won by:
o Ruby Goodwin
o Connie Hart
o Carol Bullion
o Mildred Turner
Show and Tell
* Vickie Mazurek: a Pony Tails quilt top and a black and white strip quilt top
* Dianna Mayfield: Jacobean Sleigh (hand applique, hand quilted, an adapted Pat Campbell pattern), and Wrapped in Love, a round robin quilt
* Becky Martin: Sampler quilt made from duplicate BOMs from 2013 and 2014, hand-quilted
* Connie Hart: Tim’s Star, made for her son, Tim
* Millie Schwab: Blue Willow and Star Burst (also by Vita Weehunt)
* Lana Webb: Boat Racers’ “Wall Hanging”, to be auctioned for a fundraiser for a rescue group
Program: Donna Swanger led the program/workshop of Vintage Farm Girl blocks. Everyone received a brown bag with pattern and background fabric, then chose fabric and cut pieces to make that block. Several members stayed to sew also. Backing and batting were provided to complete the blocks/hot pads at home for the Christmas gift exchange.
BOM presenter next month will be Dianna Mayfield.
Auction Prizes next month will be by Connie Hart.
Submitted by Becky Martin, Secretary