Minutes, Oct. 18, 2016
The Brownwood Quilters Guild met for its regular meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016, at the First Christian Church in Brownwood. Present were 23 members and four visitors: Deborah Lehman, Carol Kinman, Vickie Dutton, and Wanda Baker.
President Lana Webb called the meeting to order. The consent agenda was approved, with a motion to accept by Jan Cate and a second by Dianna Mayfield.
Program: Sherri Marshall gave a demonstration of making Zipper Flowers.
Old Business: Lana reported that the Quilt Exhibition at the Depot on October 1 was a big success, with 60 quilts on display. All tickets were sold for the donation quilt, which made a profit of $1032.33, with $775.00 going to Toys for Kids at Christmas. Lana thanked everyone who helped in any way.
Lana encouraged everyone to make CPS bags, as the agency is running short on them. She had made some and had cut others for guild members to take home and complete. Also, fabric and patterns were available on tables for members to take home.
Charlene Cortez reminded us of the Folded Star project for November. She updated the list of those who will participate and collected the $20 from those who had not already paid.
New Business: The date for the December meeting was changed to Dec. 13.
Lana suggested that we look into buying guild T-shirts. She will investigate possible styles and prices.
BOM: Dianna Mayfield presented the BOM to be made for November, a Dolly Madison star made from Christmas fabric. Instructions are on the website.
· BOM: Becky Martin won the turquoise Squash Blossom blocks.
· Layer cake squares (10-inch squares): Jan Cate
· Program auction items in gift bags were provided by Connie Hart and won by:
o Sherri Marshall
o Ruby Goodwin
o Nita Franklin
o Deborah Lehman
o Lana Webb
o Vita Weehunt
Show and Tell
· Sherri Benbow: a throw quilt with fleece backing, suitable for someone in a wheelchair
· Dianna Mayfield: a media bag, and a Mayfield Reunion Auction wall hanging
· Ann Turner: Olivia’s Quilt, from the Disappearing 9-patch pattern
· Lana Webb: several bags plus a Boat Racers’ T-shirt Quilt, all to be auctioned for funds for the Boat Racers Rescue Squad
· Millie Schwab: Storm at Sea blocks, made by Millie over a 30-year period with fabrics purchased for her by her husband
· Debra Revay: a patchwork quilt ready for finishing
BOM presenter next month will be Connie Hansen. Program Prizes next month will be by Angela McCorkle.
Submitted by Becky Martin, Secretary