Minutes, Dec. 12, 2016
The Brownwood Quilters Guild met for its meeting and Christmas party on Monday, Dec. 12, 2016, at the First Christian Church in Brownwood. 16 members were present.
President Lana Webb called the meeting to order. The minutes were approved, with a motion to accept by Latrelle Locks and a second by Joy Ivy.
Old Business: Lana reported the quilt raffle at the Christmas Under the Stars Festival brought in $276.00. She also said that $728 was given to Toys for Kids from the profits made from the 2016 donation quilt.
New Business: We presented Lana with a $50 gift certificate to Quilter’s Hide Out in appreciation for all her work as president of the guild.
BOM: Millie Schwab presented the BOM to be made for January, called Hashtag. Check the website for a link to the pattern.
* BOM: Jan Cate won the Hexagon Trivet blocks.
* Layer cake squares (10-inch squares): Vickie Mazurek
* Program auction prizes donated by Angela McCorkle and Charlene Cortez: Joy Ivy, Wanda Jackson, Jan Cate, Jeanie Ortegon, Sherri Marshall, and Biolanda Villalpando
Show and Tell
* Lana Webb: Hector’s quilt, gift bag for her daughter-in-law, and a turquoise bag
* Vickie Mazurek: 3 Folded Star table runners
* Latrelle Locks: a 1930’s signature quilt made by her grandmother and just recently found in a trunk, a “guy apron” for her grandson Cruz
* Becky Martin: Folded Star table runner made from the workshop kit Charlene supplied last month
* Millie Schwab: Hashtag quilt made for her granddaughter Grace Hannah
* Wanda Jackson: hand-embroidered Christmas quilt top
BOM presenter next month will be Vickie Mazurek. Program Prizes next month will be by Vickie also.
Program: Christmas Party! We exchanged pot holders made from the Vintage Farm Girl patterns, then played a fat quarter game. The meeting ended with a pot luck meal and fellowship around beautifully decorated tables. Thanks to Jeanie, Donna, and Lana for making the room so festive!
Submitted by Becky Martin, Secretary