Minutes, January 17, 2017
The Brownwood Quilters Guild met for its meeting on Monday, January 17, 2017, at the First Christian Church in Brownwood. 26 members were present and 3 visitors: Gladys Paul, Karen Woodcox, and Judy Northcutt.
President Lana Webb called the meeting to order. Roll call was answered by everyone telling of a quilting project they would like to finish this year. The consent agenda was approved, with a motion to accept by Sherri Marshall and a second by Joy Ivy.
New Business: The new guild t-shirts are here. The cost is $10 per shirt. There are a few extras if someone else wants one.
BOM: Vickie Mazurek presented the BOM for February, a black and white Valentine block with different size hearts and embellishments of your choice. See directions on the website.
* BOM Hashtag blocks: Connie Hansen
* Layer cake squares (10-inch squares): Vickie Mazurek
* Program auction prizes donated by Vickie Mazurek: Angela McCorkle, Deborah Agnew, Jeanie Ortegon, Joy Ivy, and Wanda Jackson
Show and Tell
* Angela McCorkle: Maddy’s quilt
* Millie Schwab: Storm at Sea, from batiks
* Deborah Agnew: Tote bag and journal cover
* Wanda Jackson: Folded Star Christmas table runner
* Joy Ivy: placemat from antique quilt
* Vickie Mazurek: bed runner, Chevron quilt top, John Deere tractor quilt top
* Lana Webb: antique scrappy quilt, possibly made by her grandmother, and a 1934-35 family signature quilt
BOM presenter next month will be Charlene Cortez. Program Prizes next month will be by Sherri Marshall.
Program: Angela McCorkle gave the program about new products and techniques. She also told of plans for building a quilt retreat center across from her home in Priddy. Ground will be broken soon, with a tentative completion date in April.
Submitted by Becky Martin, Secretary